How to build the perfect Nourish Bowl
Nourish Bowls (or Buddha Bowls) are always a win, you can't go wrong by choosing it. It not only brings more colour to your day, but it is also versatile, nutritious, fresh and easy to make. You can always build it in with a different combination of ingredients. You just need to previous prepare batches of roast veggies, grains and legumes (quinoa, chickpeas, lentil) and protein, and have nourishing meals all week long.
For a healthy and well balanced bowl it needs to have plenty of veggies, greens/leaves, protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats. Add in fresh herbs, spices, seeds and homemade sauces too, so you don’t get bored of the same flavours and variations.
Steps to build the perfect wholesome and delicious bowl at home:
1. Colourful vegetebles and greens. Fill up half of the bowl with non-starchy vegetables.
2. Choose a protein and fill up 1/4 of the space with it.
You can go for plant based options; quinoa, chickpeas, beans, lentils, millet, buckwheat, edamame beans, tofu, tempeh. Or animal sources of protein; chicken, tuna, salmon, mince meat.
3.Add complex carbohydrates to fill the remaining quarter of the bowl; sweet potato, pumpkin, brown rice, wholemeal or gluten free pasta, beetroot, quinoa...
4. About 1-2 tbsp of healthy fats; seeds, nuts, tahini, avocado, olive oil... These are perfect ingredients to make a dressing to your bowl like this avocado and tahini dressing:
- 1/2 medium avocado, 2tbsp tahini, 1 lemon juice, 2tbsp water, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Complement it with fresh herbs, spices, apple cider vinegar, lemon, coconut aminos, sauerkraut, fresh fruits such as orange, figs and pomegranate.
Fruitologist will be sharing the step by step of this beautiful combo at their Instagram and Facebook page, stay tuned and get inspired for your next meal prep.
Fruitologist Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/myfruitologist/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MyFruitologist/